can i delete windows.old folder in windows 11 and get more storage space
can i delete windows.old folder in windows 11 and get more storage space and get more storage. If you frequently update your version of Windows, you may know that Microsoft offers you the option to revert to the previous version and that you can easily revert to the previous version. Windows through Settings.
Microsoft's latest operating system: Windows 11 gives you ten days to go back to the previous version, once the ten days have passed, you will not be able to go back to the previous version, and when your computer installs a new one, update the files. from the previous version are stored in the Windows.old folder, Microsoft keeps this folder for 10 days on your system, which allows you to go back to the previous version, and if you do not have a plan to go back to the previous version, you can delete this Windows.old folder to free up storage space, so if you are looking for ways to free up storage space in Windows 11, you may consider deleting Windows.old folder, in this article we are going to share a step-by-step guide to delete the Windows.old folder in Windows 11, let's take a look at it.
can i delete windows.old folder in windows 11
1. First of all, open File Explorer on your Windows 11.
2. In file explorer, open the Windows installation drive or system and you will find the Windows.old folder here.
3. Right-click the file and select the delete option.
4. In the confirmation pop-up window, click the Continue button, done! Done, this will delete the Windows.old folder in Windows 11.
If you can't delete the Windows.old folder from File Explorer, you should use the Disk Cleanup utility, and here's what to do.
1. First of all, open Windows 11 search and type Disk Cleanup.
2. In the Disk Cleanup utility, select the drive you want to scan.
3. After that, click on the "Clean System Files" option.
4. In the Disk Cleanup window, select Previous Windows Installations and click the OK button.
5. In the confirmation message, click the Delete files option.